I was trying to open the directory in atom from terminal but I was getting “LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/atom.app” and I found that this has nothing to do with OS X Yosemite but tmux. Here is what I did
- Change Directory(cd) to the tmux-powerline and do “git pull“. Just to update the powerline.
- If you don’t have “reattach-to–user-namespace” on your system then run”brew install reattach-to–user-namespace“
- open tmux.config
- Append the following to the top ” set–option -g default-command “reattach-to-user-namespace -l zsh” ” assuming you already have zsh.
- Run “brew info reattach-to-user-namespace” it will give you the following
reattach-to-user-namespace: stable 2.3, HEADhttps://github.com/ChrisJohnsen/tmux-MacOSX-pasteboard/usr/local/Cellar/reattach-to-user-namespace/2.3 (6 files, 48K) *Built from sourceFrom: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/reattach-to-user-namespace.rb
- Run “reattach-to-user-namespace atom -v“
I hope this will work for you.